About the program
Mass communications is the transmission of information to large numbers of people through the mass media. Mass media includes newspapers, magazines, television, radio, film, websites, and any technology that allows for the dissemination of information to the public. Within the mass media are channels or vehicles of mass communication. These channels include news reports, books, movies, television programs, music videos, advertisements, and articles in magazines and newspapers and on websites.
The Mass Communication program is designed to provide students with a thorough understanding of the electronic media from both theoretical and practical perspectives. The curriculum prepares students for careers in Mass Communication and/or graduate studies in electronic media and communication.
- Develop comprehensive knowledge of mass communication and marketing theories and techniques: Students will learn the foundational concepts and practical skills that are essential for success in the mass communication and marketing industry. They will become proficient in analyzing, evaluating, and creating effective communication strategies across various media platforms.
- Apply ethical principles in mass communication and marketing practices: Students will gain a deep understanding of the ethical considerations that are central to effective communication in today's media landscape. They will learn how to apply ethical principles to real-world situations, and how to navigate complex ethical dilemmas that may arise in the course of their work.
- Utilize industry tools and techniques to create effective communication campaigns: Students will learn how to evaluate industry tools and techniques, and how to use them efficiently and effectively in the creation of mass communication campaigns. They will become proficient in utilizing the latest digital technologies and media platforms, and will develop the skills necessary to create compelling content that resonates with target audiences.
- Engage in professional development and networking: Students will have the opportunity to engage in professional development activities and networking opportunities throughout their program of study. They will have access to industry experts and alumni, and will have the chance to participate in internships, workshops, and other experiential learning opportunities that will prepare them for successful careers in mass communication and marketing.
What you’ll learn
The Mass Communication and Marketing Bachelor's Degree Program at URBE University is designed to equip students with a comprehensive understanding of the social and legal regulations surrounding the use of communicative materials. Students will gain a deep understanding of the ethical considerations that are central to effective communication in today's media landscape. In addition, the program will provide students with the skills and knowledge needed to effectively evaluate industry tools and techniques, allowing them to use them efficiently and effectively. Whether it's evaluating the latest social media marketing strategies or determining the most effective branding techniques, students will graduate with the ability to critically analyze and apply the latest trends and tools in mass communication.
|General Education||36 Credits|
|Art History (ARH 250)||3|
|College Composition I (ENC 120)||3|
|College Composition II (ENC 121)||3|
|Environmental Science (ENV 301)||3|
|World Geography (GEO 300)||3|
|College Math I (MAC 105)||3|
|College Math II (MAC 114)||3|
|Critical Thinking (PHI 410)||3|
|Psychology (PSY 201)||3|
|Sociology (SOC 201)||3|
|Oral Communication (SPC 360)||3|
|Applied Statistics (STA 340)||3|
|Core Courses||84 Credits|
|Using information effectively in Mass Communication (COM 100)||3|
|Introduction to Mass Communication (COM 102)||3|
|Principles of Advertising (COM 103)||3|
|Principles of Strategic Public Relation and Integrated Communication (COM 104)||3|
|Social Media and Strategic Communication (COM 105)||3|
|Writing for Media (COM 202)||3|
|Advertising Media Planning (COM 203)||3|
|Advertising Copywriting (COM 204)||3|
|Digital Publishing (COM 301)||3|
|Media Law (COM 302)||3|
|Media Criticism (COM 303)||3|
|Feature Writing (COM 304)||3|
|Public Relation Writing (COM 305)||3|
|News Editing (COM 306)||3|
|Magazine Publishing (COM 307)||3|
|News Reporting (COM 402)||3|
|Mass Media and Society (COM 403)||3|
|Mass Communication Research (COM 404)||3|
|Sports Writing (COM 406)||3|
|Communication Process (COM 409)||3|
|Media Ethics (COM 410)||3|
|Spec Topics in Mass Communication (COM 411)||3|
|Multimedia Reporting Capstone (COM 412)||3|
|Principles of Marketing (MAR 201)||3|
|Social Media Marketing Strategies (MAR 301)||3|
|Social Media Marketing Campaigns (MAR 302)||3|
|Integrated Marketing Communication (MAR 401)||3|
|Strategic Management (MAR 440)||3|
Earning a Bachelor's Degree in Mass Communication and Marketing from URBE University opens up a wide range of exciting career opportunities in the dynamic and rapidly evolving field of media and marketing. Graduates of this program can pursue a variety of roles in advertising, public relations, journalism, digital media, and market research. They may work as account executives, media planners, content creators, social media managers, public relations specialists, journalists, or market research analysts, among many other roles. They may also pursue careers in branding, event planning, media buying, or other related fields. With their comprehensive understanding of mass communication and marketing theories and techniques, ethical considerations, and the ability to utilize industry tools and techniques, graduates of this program are well-equipped to succeed in a variety of roles and to make significant contributions to the industry.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the job growth for general and operations managers is projected to be 9 percent between 2016 and 2026. An BMCM can help prepare you to be a:
- Communications Director
- Marketing Specialist
- Public Relations (PR) Manager
- Social Media Manager
Prospective students interested in pursuing a Bachelor's Degree in Mass Communication and Marketing at URBE University should be aware of the program's tuition and fees. The total program cost for this degree is $30,450 dollars, which includes all tuition, fees, and other related expenses. The cost per credit is $250 dollars, and the program requires a total of 120 credits to complete. Students will not need to budget for textbooks, as they are provided at no additional cost. Other fees associated with the program amount to $350 dollars, and students are required to pay a one-time registration fee of $100 dollars.Tuition & Fees
We educate future alumni to become marketable, skilled, and progressive leaders who are socially responsible and uphold ethical business standards.
Dr. Oscar Belloso Medina
Chancellor & Founder
Are you ready to start today?
Supercharge your future with a degree from URBE University. We work closely with you to ensure you are well-informed throughout your application process. Start your application today, or explore our programs to learn more about what we have to offer.